Way to Remove GeneralSearchBoard from Mac
GeneralSearchBoard is unsafe browser extension usually installed on users’ web browser without approval. It is distributed via routes like junk email, spam email, free download game, software or media files, and malicious websites which has forbidden contents like porn .GeneralSearchBoard adware hijacks browsers such as Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer and silently installs other suspicious ads-supported toolbar and extension /add-on to cause redirection. It keeps bombarding you with banner ads, in-text hyperlink ads and popup ads to cheat you to buy its products.
Sometimes GeneralSearchBoard shows fake popup warnings to ask to buy expensive but fake Microsoft service. These nasty popups will slow down your Internet speed strikingly and make your browser crashed. In worse situation, spyware may infiltrate your computer with help of GeneralSearchBoard virus, then your information and data can be stolen by unknown third party. To protect your PC and privacy, it’s highly recommended to get rid of GeneralSearchBoard adware with as early as possible.
Harms would be caused by adware
- It steals users ‘financial information for cyber crooks
- It allows remote access and stops users from accessing certain website
- It adds or delete windows files to crash down computer
- It drops additional infections to further damage your system
- It takes up high system resources and significantly slows down PC performance
How to remove GeneralSearchBoard From Mac OS?
(If have GeneralSearchBoard or other virus on Windows OS, Please Use Guide – How to Remove Virus & Malware From Windows OS. )
NOTE – Some operations in the removal process may require you to exit this page or restart computer, Please Bookmark This Page first For later reference.
Step 1: Uninstall GeneralSearchBoard Related Apps or unwanted apps From Mac.
- Open the Finder
- Go to the Application folder
- Move unneeded applications to Trash
- Enter your password if requested.
GeneralSearchBoard may re-infect your Mac multiple times if you do not remove its core files and related malware. To get rid of the virus forever, we recommend downloading Combo Cleaner Antivirus to scan entire Mac and find out all malware:
Step 2. Remove GeneralSearchBoard Related Extension or unwanted Extensions from Safari, Chrome and Firefox on Mac.
Delete Safari Extension
- Launch Safari
- Click on the Safari menu and choose Preferences.
- Select the Extensions pane
- To delete an extension completely, click on it, then in the main window, choose Uninstall.
Delete Chrome Extension
Launch Chrome >> Click the three-dot icon in the upper-right corner >> Select the More Tools >> Click Extensions >> Determine the suspicious or unwanted extension, click on the Trash icon >> Click Remove
Delete Firefox Extension
Launch Firefox >> Click the menu button from the browser’s right pane >> select Add-ons from the drop-down list >> Determine the suspicious or unwanted extension, click the Disable or Remove button.
Step 3. Download Combo Cleaner Anti-Virus to Diagnose Entire Mac. (Important!)
GeneralSearchBoard may not be the only virus harming your Mac. When such threat enters your Mac, it may bring in more infections. So we suggest you checking your entire system to see if there is any other infections. To do this quickly and easily, you can download Combo Cleaner Antivirus, a top-rated Mac Anti-virus Tool which makes Mac protection easy and simple for every Mac user. It use advanced security features to protect your Mac from phishing scams, malware, spyware, adware, and viruses. When your Mac is equipped with Combo Cleaner Antivirus, you not only get the safe online browsing and real-time protection, but also enjoy the full speed system performance . Follow instructions below to use Combo Cleaner if you’d like to try it:
1. Click on Download link below to get Combo Cleaner Antivirus Now.
2. Click on “combocleaner.dmg ” to install Combo Cleaner Antivirus:
3. Once installed, run a scan to diagnose the security conditions of your Mac:
4. If GeneralSearchBoard or related unwanted apps are still on your Mac, you can use App Uninstaller of Como Cleaner and see if it can uninstall the unwanted or suspicious apps.
5. Use Antivirus tool of Combo Cleaner to re-check your Mac and determine if there is any hiding threats: