Uninstall ActiveHandler app from Mac
Research on ActiveHandler
ActiveHandler is classified as an adware made to hijack web browsers, including Microsoft Safari, Edge, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Chrome. As an ad-supported program, ActiveHandler will display tons of adverts, banners and sponsored links on every webpage that you visit. Of course, you cannot close those annoying windows. ActiveHandler is a potentially unwanted application, it has been installed in order to promote the third party. All the commercial advertisements are associated with your online habits. Why? It records your search queries and browsing histories without any consent. You should delete ActiveHandler ads immediately.
ActiveHandler adware is very challenging. It won’t leave even thought you have tried to remove it from control panel or extension menu. Once infected, some changes would be made to reduce system security. As a result, ActiveHandler will take advantage of computer vulnerability for unknown purpose. This program has been designed to violate users’ money. In order to make its job easier, it may cause a number of problems.
- ActiveHandler may cause random redirection to advertising sites
- ActiveHandler may change default search results
- ActiveHandler may freeze computer screen
- The internet speed is super slow
- Homepage may be replaced with an unknown domain
- It may attempt to invade important data like logins, passwords and credit card information
How to remove ActiveHandler From Mac OS?
(If have ActiveHandler or other virus on Windows OS, Please Use Guide – How to Remove Virus & Malware From Windows OS. )
NOTE – Some operations in the removal process may require you to exit this page or restart computer, Please Bookmark This Page first For later reference.
Step 1: Uninstall ActiveHandler Related Apps or unwanted apps From Mac.
- Open the Finder
- Go to the Application folder
- Move unneeded applications to Trash
- Enter your password if requested.
ActiveHandler may re-infect your Mac multiple times if you do not remove its core files and related malware. To get rid of the virus forever, we recommend downloading Spyhunter Anti-malware to scan entire Mac and find out all malware:
Step 2. Remove ActiveHandler Related Extension or unwanted Extensions from Safari, Chrome and Firefox on Mac.
Delete Safari Extension
- Launch Safari
- Click on the Safari menu and choose Preferences.
- Select the Extensions pane
- To delete an extension completely, click on it, then in the main window, choose Uninstall.
Delete Chrome Extension
Launch Chrome >> Click the three-dot icon in the upper-right corner >> Select the More Tools >> Click Extensions >> Determine the suspicious or unwanted extension, click on the Trash icon >> Click Remove
Delete Firefox Extension
Launch Firefox >> Click the menu button from the browser’s right pane >> select Add-ons from the drop-down list >> Determine the suspicious or unwanted extension, click the Disable or Remove button.
Step 3. Download SpyHunter Anti-malware to Diagnose Entire Mac. (Important!)
ActiveHandler may not be the only virus harming your Mac. When such threat enters your Mac, it may bring in more infections. So we suggest you checking your entire system to see if there is any other infections. To do this quickly and easily, you can download Spyhunter Anti-malware, a top-rated Mac Anti-virus Tool which makes Mac protection easy and simple for every Mac user. It use advanced security features to protect your Mac from phishing scams, malware, spyware, adware, and viruses. When your Mac is equipped with Spyhunter Anti-malware, you not only get the safe online browsing and real-time protection, but also enjoy the full speed system performance . Follow instructions below to use Spyhunter for Mac if you’d like to try it:
1. Click on Download link below to get Spyhunter Anti-malware Now.
2. Click on “SpyHunter-Installer.dmg ” to install Spyhunter Anti-malware:
3. Once installed, run a scan to diagnose the security conditions of your Mac:
4. If ActiveHandler related malware and other threats are detected, SpyHunter will help you remove one threat for free. And you can let it get rid of all detected threats after you register its full version.