Research – How to Uninstall Central Locator from Mac?
Research on Central Locator
Central Locator is classified as an adware made to hijack web browsers, including Microsoft Safari, Edge, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Chrome. As an ad-supported program, Central Locator will display tons of adverts, banners and sponsored links on every webpage that you visit. Of course, you cannot close those annoying windows. Central Locator is a potentially unwanted application, it has been installed in order to promote the third party. All the commercial advertisements are associated with your online habits. Why? It records your search queries and browsing histories without any consent. You should delete Central Locator ads immediately.
Central Locator adware is very challenging. It won’t leave even thought you have tried to remove it from control panel or extension menu. Once infected, some changes would be made to reduce system security. As a result, Central Locator will take advantage of computer vulnerability for unknown purpose. This program has been designed to violate users’ money. In order to make its job easier, it may cause a number of problems.
- Central Locator may cause random redirection to advertising sites
- Central Locator may change default search results
- Central Locator may freeze computer screen
- The internet speed is super slow
- Homepage may be replaced with an unknown domain
- It may attempt to invade important data like logins, passwords and credit card information
How to remove Central Locator From Mac OS?
(If have Central Locator or other virus on Windows OS, Please Use Guide – How to Remove Virus & Malware From Windows OS. )
NOTE – Some operations in the removal process may require you to exit this page or restart computer, Please Bookmark This Page first For later reference.
Step 1: Uninstall Central Locator Related Apps or unwanted apps From Mac.
- Open the Finder
- Go to the Application folder
- Move unneeded applications to Trash
- Enter your password if requested.
Step 2. Remove Central Locator Related Extension or unwanted Extensions from Safari, Chrome and Firefox on Mac.
Delete Safari Extension
- Launch Safari
- Click on the Safari menu and choose Preferences.
- Select the Extensions pane
- To delete an extension completely, click on it, then in the main window, choose Uninstall.
Delete Chrome Extension
Launch Chrome >> Click the three-dot icon in the upper-right corner >> Select the More Tools >> Click Extensions >> Determine the suspicious or unwanted extension, click on the Trash icon >> Click Remove
Delete Firefox Extension
Launch Firefox >> Click the menu button from the browser’s right pane >> select Add-ons from the drop-down list >> Determine the suspicious or unwanted extension, click the Disable or Remove button.
Step 3. Download Combo Cleaner Anti-Virus to Diagnose Entire Mac. (Important!)
Central Locator may not be the only virus harming your Mac. When such threat enters your Mac, it may bring in more infections. So we suggest you checking your entire system to see if there is any other infections. To do this quickly and easily, you can download Combo Cleaner Antivirus, a top-rated Mac Anti-virus Tool which makes Mac protection easy and simple for every Mac user. It use advanced security features to protect your Mac from phishing scams, malware, spyware, adware, and viruses. When your Mac is equipped with Combo Cleaner Antivirus, you not only get the safe online browsing and real-time protection, but also enjoy the full speed system performance . Follow instructions below to use Combo Cleaner if you’d like to try it:
1. Click on Download link below to get Combo Cleaner Antivirus Now.
Combo Cleaner’s scanner free. Once it detects a virus or malware, you’ll need to purchase its full version to remove the threat.
[Helpful Tips] – If you fail to download Combo Cleaner, it is possible that the download link is blocked by another anti-malware tool running on your PC. In such situation, please try to Turn Off the running anti-malware tool, and come back to this page to try the above download link again.
2. Click on “combocleaner.dmg ” to install Combo Cleaner Antivirus:
3. Once installed, run a scan to diagnose the security conditions of your Mac:
4. If Central Locator or related unwanted apps are still on your Mac, you can use App Uninstaller of Como Cleaner and see if it can uninstall the unwanted or suspicious apps.
5. Use Antivirus tool of Combo Cleaner to re-check your Mac and determine if there is any hiding threats: