Research – How to Remove WeKnow search engine From Mac OS? (Mar. 2019 )
Research on WeKnow search engine
WeKnow search engine has become annoying to Mac users since it hijacks their homepage and search engine by force. It has been listed as harmful search provider identified as browser hijacker for its rogue way to get web traffics. WeKnow search engine hijacker enters your system when you download and install free apps provided by unknown person or party. In fact, freeware shared online are used by virus maker to disseminate malware and adware, therefore you need to be carefully when installing freeware. It’s best to select Custom Install every time you install any app, then you have chance to avoid unwanted program being added to your system.
Once WeKnow search engine is activated it prevent itself from being removed from your Safari, Chrome, and Firefox. You will be redirected to WeKnow search engine constantly when you try to access startup page homepage and default search engine. Obviously, is made to help its sponsors increase internet traffic as well as promoting their products, you should remove it as early as possible without any hesitance. It will be very dangerous if you do not get rid of WeKnow search engine in time, because it will be used to download more threats to harm your PC and get benefits from you:
- It downloads other viruses
- It collects your confidential info and data
- It slows down PC speed a lot
- It inserts code of adware to harass you
- It can open backdoor from remote attacker
How to remove WEKNOW SEARCH ENGINE From Mac OS?
(If have WeKnow search engine or other virus on Windows OS, Please Use Guide – How to Remove Virus & Malware From Windows OS. )
NOTE – Some operations in the removal process may require you to exit this page or restart computer, Please Bookmark This Page first For later reference.
Step 1: Uninstall WEKNOW SEARCH ENGINE Related Apps or unwanted apps From Mac.
- Open the Finder
- Go to the Application folder
- Move unneeded applications to Trash
- Enter your password if requested.
Step 2. Remove WeKnow search engine Related Extension or unwanted Extensions from Safari, Chrome and Firefox on Mac.
Delete Safari Extension
- Launch Safari
- Click on the Safari menu and choose Preferences.
- Select the Extensions pane
- To delete an extension completely, click on it, then in the main window, choose Uninstall.
Delete Chrome Extension
Launch Chrome >> Click the three-dot icon in the upper-right corner >> Select the More Tools >> Click Extensions >> Determine the suspicious or unwanted extension, click on the Trash icon >> Click Remove
Delete Firefox Extension
Launch Firefox >> Click the menu button from the browser’s right pane >> select Add-ons from the drop-down list >> Determine the suspicious or unwanted extension, click the Disable or Remove button.
Step 3. Download Combo Cleaner Anti-Virus to Diagnose Entire Mac. (Important!)
WeKnow search engine may not be the only virus harming your Mac. When such threat enters your Mac, it may bring in more infections. So we suggest you checking your entire system to see if there is any other infections. To do this quickly and easily, you can download Combo Cleaner Antivirus, a top-rated Mac Anti-virus Tool which makes Mac protection easy and simple for every Mac user. It use advanced security features to protect your Mac from phishing scams, malware, spyware, adware, and viruses. When your Mac is equipped with Combo Cleaner Antivirus, you not only get the safe online browsing and real-time protection, but also enjoy the full speed system performance . Follow instructions below to use Combo Cleaner if you’d like to try it:
1. Click on Download link below to get Combo Cleaner Antivirus Now.
[Helpful Tips] – If you fail to download Combo Cleaner, it is possible that the download link is blocked by another anti-malware tool running on your PC. In such situation, please try to Turn Off the running anti-malware tool, and come back to this page to try the above download link again.
2. Click on “combocleaner.dmg ” to install Combo Cleaner Antivirus:
3. Once installed, run a scan to diagnose the conditions of your Mac and fix all system problems:
4. If WeKnow search engine or other malware are still on your Mac, Please use App Uninstaller of Como Cleaner to uninstall all unwanted apps or WeKnow search engine related apps.
5. Use Antivirus tool of Combo Cleaner to re-check your Mac and determine if there is any hiding threats: