Research – How to Remove TotalLetterSearch app from Mac? (Removal Steps)
What is TotalLetterSearch app?
TotalLetterSearch app is an adware program. It can hijack popular browsers, including Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Safari. TotalLetterSearch app is a potentially unwanted program (PUP). It displays annoying pop-up windows that contains a variety of advertisements. Users may receive pop-ups like “Ads by TotalLetterSearch app” or “Powered by TotalLetterSearch app”. This one has its own official website while it can be provided by many random advertising domains, this makes it dubious and suspicious. Technically, TotalLetterSearch app is not a virus. It has not direct harms to infected computer. Usually, the system is flooded with annoying pop-up ads, advertising banners, in-texts links, software installation notifications, Java Update alerts and random redirections. Obviously TotalLetterSearch app has been programmed by the third party to generate revenue. As a result, TotalLetterSearch app may use intelligent cookies and users’ browsing information would be collected in the background. You should get rid of this adware before it creates more troubles.
Problems Cause by TotalLetterSearch app or Similar Virus:
- Advertising toolbars and banner and installed on the browsers aggressively
- Random redirections appears each time you access a certain website
- Annoying pop-up ads appear everywhere which takes over your browser
- It allows unknown program coming out with a new tab continually
- Many texts on the page are hyperlinked without asking for permission
- It downloads unwanted applications that may contains malware
- It displays bogus Update information of Java, browser and software
- It slows down Internet performance, including poor startup, site visiting,
How to remove TotalLetterSearch app From Mac OS?
(If have TotalLetterSearch app or other virus on Windows OS, Please Use Guide – How to Remove Virus & Malware From Windows OS. )
NOTE – Some operations in the removal process may require you to exit this page or restart computer, Please Bookmark This Page first For later reference.
Step 1: Uninstall TotalLetterSearch app Related Apps or unwanted apps From Mac.
- Open the Finder
- Go to the Application folder
- Move unneeded applications to Trash
- Enter your password if requested.
Step 2. Remove TotalLetterSearch app Related Extension or unwanted Extensions from Safari, Chrome and Firefox on Mac.
Delete Safari Extension
- Launch Safari
- Click on the Safari menu and choose Preferences.
- Select the Extensions pane
- To delete an extension completely, click on it, then in the main window, choose Uninstall.
Delete Chrome Extension
Launch Chrome >> Click the three-dot icon in the upper-right corner >> Select the More Tools >> Click Extensions >> Determine the suspicious or unwanted extension, click on the Trash icon >> Click Remove
Delete Firefox Extension
Launch Firefox >> Click the menu button from the browser’s right pane >> select Add-ons from the drop-down list >> Determine the suspicious or unwanted extension, click the Disable or Remove button.
Step 3. Download Combo Cleaner Anti-Virus to Diagnose Entire Mac. (Important!)
TotalLetterSearch app may not be the only virus harming your Mac. When such threat enters your Mac, it may bring in more infections. So we suggest you checking your entire system to see if there is any other infections. To do this quickly and easily, you can download Combo Cleaner Antivirus, a top-rated Mac Anti-virus Tool which makes Mac protection easy and simple for every Mac user. It use advanced security features to protect your Mac from phishing scams, malware, spyware, adware, and viruses. When your Mac is equipped with Combo Cleaner Antivirus, you not only get the safe online browsing and real-time protection, but also enjoy the full speed system performance . Follow instructions below to use Combo Cleaner if you’d like to try it:
1. Click on Download link below to get Combo Cleaner Antivirus Now.
Combo Cleaner’s scanner free. Once it detects a virus or malware, you’ll need to purchase its full version to remove the threat.
[Helpful Tips] – If you fail to download Combo Cleaner, it is possible that the download link is blocked by another anti-malware tool running on your PC. In such situation, please try to Turn Off the running anti-malware tool, and come back to this page to try the above download link again.
2. Click on “combocleaner.dmg ” to install Combo Cleaner Antivirus:
3. Once installed, run a scan to diagnose the security conditions of your Mac:
4. If TotalLetterSearch app or related unwanted apps are still on your Mac, you can use App Uninstaller of Como Cleaner and see if it can uninstall the unwanted or suspicious apps.
5. Use Antivirus tool of Combo Cleaner to re-check your Mac and determine if there is any hiding threats: