Research – How to Remove thegoodcaster.com Pop-up? (March 2019)
Research on thegoodcaster.com
thegoodcaster.com is distinguished as browser hijacker. It is used to support advertising platform. Many users didn’t notice its infringing until more and more ads come out. thegoodcaster.com is a big trouble. It gets inside without users’ knowledge. Once installed, many modifications will be created to degrade system performance. Malware like thegoodcaster.com can generate web traffics by adding additional add-ons and extensions. The webpage that you visit may freeze up due to the annoying pop-up advertisements and banners.
thegoodcaster.com related adware can be added to many famous browsers like Edge, Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari. When you start Internet, thegoodcaster.com will come out directly and stop you from accessing other websites. It can reroute your homepage to unfamiliar commercial sites. Obviously all the activities created by thegoodcaster.com are associated to the third party. Your money is the main purpose. Please remove thegoodcaster.com malware before further destructions.
thegoodcaster.com causes many problems
- The pop-up ads take over your browsers
- It takes a long time for you to search on the Internet
- The Computer is extremely slow
- thegoodcaster.com creates random redirections without users’ approval
- thegoodcaster.com installs unwanted applications which take up a lot of system resources
How to remove THEGOODCASTER.COM From Windows OS?
(If have thegoodcaster.com or other virus on Mac OS, Please Use Guide – How to Remove Virus & Malware From Mac. )
NOTE – Some operations in the removal process may require you to exit this page or restart computer, Please Bookmark This Page first For later reference.
– Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC keys at the same time to open the Processes Tab in Windows Task Manager:
Try to find out the dangerous processes run by thegoodcaster.com other malware according to the CPU Usage and the name of its Decryption:
If a suspicious process is from unknown third party company, meanwhile it is causing High CPU Usage, then this process may be the dangerous process of malware.
If you are able determine that which processes are dangerous, you can select them and click End Process one by one:
If you are not able to determine the dangerous processes, don’t end any process, because there may be some risks of damaging your computer if you make mistakes. In such situation, we suggest you directly try the professional anti-malware tool in Step 5 and see if it can find out all dangerous items for you.
– Press Win + R keys at the same time to open the “Run” window >> Then type appwiz.cpl and click OK :
– Now you can see the program list of Control Panel, please check the list and look for dangerous app or suspicious app may be related with thegoodcaster.com. Once you determine the unsafe apps, select them and click Uninstall:
Note – If any malware cannot be uninstalled from Control Panel, please go to Step 5 and try the professional removal tool, which may help you uninstall all stubborn apps with ease.
NOTE – Some operations in the removal process may require you to exit this page or turn off web browser, Please Bookmark This Page first For later reference.
Remove Browser Hijacker from Microsoft Edge
1. Change Edge’s default search engine to Google Search:
Open Microsoft Edge >> Click the menu button (the button with three dots) at the top-right corner >> Select “Settings” in the menu.
In the “Settings” panel >> Scroll down to Advanced settings and click the “View advanced settings” button.
In the “Advanced settings” panel >> Scroll down to the “Search in the address bar with” setting >> Click the “Change search engine” button.
In the “Change search engine”>> Select Google Search and click “Set as Default”.
2. Change your Homepage on Edge:
– Open Microsoft Edge >> Click the three-dotted menu at the upper-right corner of the windows >> choose Settings.
– Under the Open Microsoft Edge with option >> Choose A specific page or pages from the menu >> Enter a URL into that box and click the save button off to the right.
Remove Adware Extension and Hijacker from Google Chrome
1. Delete unsafe or unwanted extension from Chrome:
– Click Chrome menu → select Tools.
– Then click Extension >> Select THEGOODCASTER.COM or unwanted extensions → click on Trash bin >> Click Remove
2. Change your Homepage on Chrome:
Click Chrome menu >> Select Settings ;
Within Settings, in the Appearance section, check the box next to Show Home button;
Click Change next to the address shown below the Show Home Button;
In the window under New Tab Page >> Type in the web address of the page you like to set as your homepage >> Click OK
3. Change your default Search Engine on Chrome:
– Click Chrome menu >> Select Settings ;
– Within Settings, in the Search engine section >> click Manage search engines…
– Choose the search provider you want to make as the default and then click Make default;
– Click Done.
Delete Adware Add-on and Hijacker from Mozilla Firefox
1. Delete unsafe or unwanted extension from Firefox:
– Go to Firefox menu and click on Tools >> Select Add-ons
– Select THEGOODCASTER.COM unwanted extensions and add-ons >> Click Disable or Remove button to remove it.
2. Change your Homepage on Firefox:
– Click the menu button and choose Options >> Click the Home panel.
– Click the menu next to Homepage and new windows and choose “enter your own URLs” >> Type in the page you want to set.
3. Change your default Search Engine on Firefox:
– Click the menu button and choose Options
Delete Adware Add-on and Hijacker from Internet Explorer
1. Delete unsafe or unwanted add-on from IE:
– Click on Tools >> go to Manage Add-ons
– In Toolbars and Extensions >> Choose THEGOODCASTER.COM or unwanted extensions and add-ons → Click Disable button
2. Change your Homepage on IE:
– Click Tools in the upper-right corner >> Select Internet Options.- Under the General tab, type the URL of the web page you want to set.- Click Apply >> Click Ok.
3. Change your default Search Engine on IE:
– Open Internet Explorer >> click the gear icon >>Click Manage add-ons >> Click Search Providers.
– Now you will see those which are already present on IE. Right-click the one you want to set as your search engine >> select Set as default.
NOTE – If the above operations cannot remove some stubborn adware or hijacker from browsers, please go to Step 5 and have a try with the Automatic Removal Tool, which is a professional anti-malware capable of removing latest adware and hijacker.
Step 4. Try to find out and remove thegoodcaster.com related files or other malicious files from Regidit Editor.
1.Press“Windows + R key” together to open Run Windows.
2. Type “regedit” in Run Window and click OK button to open registry.
3. Find and Remove Registry Files created by THEGOODCASTER.COM and other threats:
Click Edit >> Click Find:
Type in virus’ name and click Find Next >> Delete dangerous registry files found.
Please Be Carefully When You’re Going to Delete Any File in Regedit Editor!
Before you delete any registry files, you need to 100% determine that these files are dangerous items. Please Do Not Delete Crucial System Files in Regedit Editor Mistakenly! Or your computer may be damaged!
If You Want To Avoid The Risk, we strongly suggest using a Professional Anti-Malware Tool to detect the malicious files hiding in Regedit Editor and other locations of your computer. Now check Step 5 and learn how to use it.
In case thegoodcaster.com has invaded your computer, it is possible that some other virus or malware are brought in as well . Therefore, our computer experts suggest checking entire system to find out the potential security risks. To do this efficiently and easily, it’s recommended to us a professional Anti-malware Tool – Spyhunter Anti-malware.
SpyHunter anti-malware is the best security tool for Windows OS. It is specialized in preventing all the latest virus & malware and removing all the infections hiding in a infected computer.
Certifications & Independent Test Reports on SpyHunter 5
Download SpyHunter Anti-Malware Now
[Helpful Tips] – If you fail to download SpyHunter, it is possible that the download link is blocked by another anti-malware tool running on your PC. In such situation, please try to Turn Off the running anti-malware tool, and come back to this page to try the above download link again. If the download still fails, you can learn why you’re having issues downloading SpyHunter.
2. Double click the SpyHunter-Installer:
– When the “User Account Control” dialog appears, choose “Yes“.
3. Choose your preferable language and click the “OK” button to proceed the installation. Wait several minutes to complete the installation
4. Once the installation is completed, run SpyHunter and click Start Scan Now.
5. When scan is completed, select all detected dangerous items and click Next:
6. If you want SpyHunter to help you remove all detected threats once for all and get the daily system protection from now on, please consider to Register its full version. If the automatic removal does not help, you can get One-on-one customer support to fix your problem from computer experts.