Research – How to Remove The Goodcaster Virus? (March 2019)
What is The Goodcaster Virus?
The Goodcaster Virus is regarded as a tricky redirect virus which penetrates into computer sneakily without any consent. It is pretty annoying stuff to bring in lots of troubles to impact the operating system that users wouldn’t like to remain it for more than one second.
For the The Goodcaster Virus, it is responsible for the duty to generate visiting traffic for achieving potential profits. To entirely take control of your online activities, The Goodcaster Virus will make modification to Host files and default settings for the attempt to force users to visit its website from one to the next.
Besides, The Goodcaster Virus would like to add computer with many other advertisement pop-ups, add-ons, plug-ins or even malignant components to worsen down computer performance and violate to personal information. The removal to The Goodcaster Virus may seem to be a little tough. But for the sake of computer’s security, users must hurry up to get rid of The Goodcaster Virus as early as possible.
How to remove THE GOODCASTER VIRUS From Windows OS?
(If have THE GOODCASTER VIRUS or other virus on Mac OS, Please Use Guide – How to Remove Virus & Malware From Mac. )
NOTE – Some operations in the removal process may require you to exit this page or restart computer, Please Bookmark This Page first For later reference.
Step 1. Try to find out and end the dangerous processes run by THE GOODCASTER VIRUS or other threat.
– Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC keys at the same time to open the Processes Tab in Windows Task Manager:
Try to find out the dangerous processes run by THE GOODCASTER VIRUS other malware according to the CPU Usage and the name of its Description:
If a suspicious process is from unknown third party company, meanwhile it is causing High CPU Usage, then this process may be the dangerous process of malware.
If you are able determine that which processes are dangerous, you can select them and click End Process one by one:
If you are not able to determine the dangerous processes, don’t end any process, because there may be some risks of damaging your computer if you make mistakes. In such situation, we recommend you to download the professional anti-malware tool in Step 5 and see if it can find out dangerous items for you.
– Press Win + R keys at the same time to open the “Run” window >> Then type appwiz.cpl and click OK :
– Now you can see the program list of Control Panel, please check the list and look for dangerous app or suspicious app may be related with THE GOODCASTER VIRUS. Once you determine the unsafe apps, select them and click Uninstall:
Note – If any unwanted program cannot be uninstalled from Control Panel, you may need to find out and remove related files. we recommend download the professional anti-malware in Step 5, to see if it can detect files of the PUP or malware.
NOTE – Some operations in the removal process may require you to exit this page or turn off web browser, Please Bookmark This Page first For later reference.
Remove Browser Hijacker from Microsoft Edge
1. Change Edge’s default search engine to Google Search:
Open Microsoft Edge >> Click the menu button (the button with three dots) at the top-right corner >> Select “Settings” in the menu.
In the “Settings” panel >> Scroll down to Advanced settings and click the “View advanced settings” button.
In the “Advanced settings” panel >> Scroll down to the “Search in the address bar with” setting >> Click the “Change search engine” button.
In the “Change search engine”>> Select Google Search and click “Set as Default”.
2. Change your Homepage on Edge:
– Open Microsoft Edge >> Click the three-dotted menu at the upper-right corner of the windows >> choose Settings.
– Under the Open Microsoft Edge with option >> Choose A specific page or pages from the menu >> Enter a URL into that box and click the save button off to the right.
Remove Adware Extension and Hijacker from Google Chrome
1. Delete unsafe or unwanted extension from Chrome:
– Click Chrome menu → select Tools.
– Then click Extension >> Select THE GOODCASTER VIRUS or unwanted extensions → click on Trash bin >> Click Remove
2. Change your Homepage on Chrome:
Click Chrome menu >> Select Settings ;
Within Settings, in the Appearance section, check the box next to Show Home button;
Click Change next to the address shown below the Show Home Button;
In the window under New Tab Page >> Type in the web address of the page you like to set as your homepage >> Click OK
3. Change your default Search Engine on Chrome:
– Click Chrome menu >> Select Settings ;
– Within Settings, in the Search engine section >> click Manage search engines…
– Choose the search provider you want to make as the default and then click Make default;
– Click Done.
Delete Adware Add-on and Hijacker from Mozilla Firefox
1. Delete unsafe or unwanted extension from Firefox:
– Go to Firefox menu and click on Tools >> Select Add-ons
– Select THE GOODCASTER VIRUS unwanted extensions and add-ons >> Click Disable or Remove button to remove it.
2. Change your Homepage on Firefox:
– Click the menu button and choose Options >> Click the Home panel.
– Click the menu next to Homepage and new windows and choose “enter your own URLs” >> Type in the page you want to set.
3. Change your default Search Engine on Firefox:
– Click the menu button and choose Options
Delete Adware Add-on and Hijacker from Internet Explorer
1. Delete unsafe or unwanted add-on from IE:
– Click on Tools >> go to Manage Add-ons
– In Toolbars and Extensions >> Choose THE GOODCASTER VIRUS or unwanted extensions and add-ons → Click Disable button
2. Change your Homepage on IE:
– Click Tools in the upper-right corner >> Select Internet Options.- Under the General tab, type the URL of the web page you want to set.- Click Apply >> Click Ok.
3. Change your default Search Engine on IE:
– Open Internet Explorer >> click the gear icon >>Click Manage add-ons >> Click Search Providers.
– Now you will see those which are already present on IE. Right-click the one you want to set as your search engine >> select Set as default.
NOTE – If the above operations cannot remove some stubborn extension or hijacker from browsers, you may need to find out and remove its related files. we recommend download SpyHunter Anti-malware at Step 5 to see whether it can detect files or adware related with THE GOODCASTER VIRUS for you.
Step 4. Try to find out and remove THE GOODCASTER VIRUS related files or other malicious files from Regidit Editor.
1.Press“Windows + R key” together to open Run Windows.
2. Type “regedit” in Run Window and click OK button to open registry.
3. Find and Remove Registry Files created by THE GOODCASTER VIRUS and other threats:
Click Edit >> Click Find:
Type in virus’ name and click Find Next >> Delete dangerous registry files found.
Please Be Carefully When You’re Going to Delete Any File in Regedit Editor!
Before you delete any registry files, you need to 100% determine that these files are dangerous items. Please Do Not Delete Crucial System Files in Regedit Editor Mistakenly! Or your computer may be damaged!
If You Want To Avoid The Risk, we recommending using a Professional Anti-Malware Tool to scan your computer and see if it can detects files of THE GOODCASTER VIRUS for you.
In case THE GOODCASTER VIRUS has invaded your computer, it is possible that some other virus or malware are brought in as well . Therefore, we recommend checking entire system to see if there is potential security risks. To do this efficiently and easily, it’s recommended to us a professional Anti-malware Tool – Spyhunter Anti-malware, which is the best security tool for Windows OS. It is specialized in preventing all the latest virus & malware and removing threats hiding in a infected computer.
Certifications & Independent Test Reports on SpyHunter 5
Download SpyHunter Anti-Malware Now
[Helpful Tips] – If you fail to download SpyHunter, it is possible that the download link is blocked by another anti-malware tool running on your PC. In such situation, please try to Turn Off the running anti-malware tool, and come back to this page to try the above download link again. If the download still fails, you can learn why you’re having issues downloading SpyHunter.
2. Double click the SpyHunter-Installer:
– When the “User Account Control” dialog appears, choose “Yes“.
3. Choose your preferable language and click the “OK” button to proceed the installation. Wait several minutes to complete the installation
4. Once the installation is completed, run SpyHunter and click Start Scan Now.
5. When scan is completed, select all detected dangerous items and click Next:
6. If you want SpyHunter to help you remove all detected threats and get the daily system protection from now on, you will need to Register its full version. If the automatic removal does not help, you can get One-on-one customer support to fix your problem from computer experts.