Research – How to Remove SmartLauncher from Mac?
SmartLauncher is an adware that displays commercial popup ads on the webpage that you visit. It is used by the third parties to collect money from users. SmartLauncher is formed by advanced technology so that it can bypasses any security programs. Once inside, it modifies system DNS setting, browser provider, default search engine to load up itself without trouble. For its own benefits, this redirect program may damage windows file and registries, which would lead to a complete system crash. Apart from messing up the compromised computer, SmartLauncher would scam users’ confidential privacy for cyber crime. It is not wise to ignore this infection. It is reported by some victims telling that SmartLauncher cannot be uninstalled by system antivirus and it offers heads of unstoppable ads. Maybe you install this vicious adware/toolbar by accident; it may have upset you very much. When inside, it would appear everywhere when surfing online. No matter what website or what link you are trying to visit, SmartLauncher just covers it.
What risks would be created by SmartLauncher?
1. SmartLauncher tracks your search histories and exploit the browsing habit 2. SmartLauncher installs unwanted online programs or other computer threats 3. SmartLauncher redirects you to the random site that may contain Trojans, worms, or other spywares. 4. SmartLauncher causes numb computer with slow internet, slow startup, browser frozen and blue screen of death. 5. SmartLauncher would send the gathered information to hackers for cyber criminal 6. SmartLauncher puts your personal information to be vulnerable SmartLauncher must be removed immediately and completely. If not, system vulnerability would be taken advantage of, which will facilitate cyber crimes.
How to remove SmartLauncher From Mac OS?
(If have SmartLauncher or other virus on Windows OS, Please Use Guide – How to Remove Virus & Malware From Windows OS. )
NOTE – Some operations in the removal process may require you to exit this page or restart computer, Please Bookmark This Page first For later reference.
Step 1: Uninstall SmartLauncher Related Apps or unwanted apps From Mac.
- Open the Finder
- Go to the Application folder
- Move unneeded applications to Trash
- Enter your password if requested.
SmartLauncher may re-infect your Mac multiple times if you do not remove its core files and related malware. To get rid of the virus forever, we recommend downloading Spyhunter Anti-malware to scan entire Mac and find out all malware:
Step 2. Remove SmartLauncher Related Extension or unwanted Extensions from Safari, Chrome and Firefox on Mac.
Delete Safari Extension
- Launch Safari
- Click on the Safari menu and choose Preferences.
- Select the Extensions pane
- To delete an extension completely, click on it, then in the main window, choose Uninstall.
Delete Chrome Extension
Launch Chrome >> Click the three-dot icon in the upper-right corner >> Select the More Tools >> Click Extensions >> Determine the suspicious or unwanted extension, click on the Trash icon >> Click Remove
Delete Firefox Extension
Launch Firefox >> Click the menu button from the browser’s right pane >> select Add-ons from the drop-down list >> Determine the suspicious or unwanted extension, click the Disable or Remove button.
Step 3. Download SpyHunter Anti-malware to Diagnose Entire Mac. (Important!)
SmartLauncher may not be the only virus harming your Mac. When such threat enters your Mac, it may bring in more infections. So we suggest you checking your entire system to see if there is any other infections. To do this quickly and easily, you can download Spyhunter Anti-malware, a top-rated Mac Anti-virus Tool which makes Mac protection easy and simple for every Mac user. It use advanced security features to protect your Mac from phishing scams, malware, spyware, adware, and viruses. When your Mac is equipped with Spyhunter Anti-malware, you not only get the safe online browsing and real-time protection, but also enjoy the full speed system performance . Follow instructions below to use Spyhunter for Mac if you’d like to try it:
1. Click on Download link below to get Spyhunter Anti-malware Now.
2. Click on “SpyHunter-Installer.dmg ” to install Spyhunter Anti-malware:
3. Once installed, run a scan to diagnose the security conditions of your Mac:
4. If SmartLauncher related malware and other threats are detected, SpyHunter will help you remove one threat for free. And you can let it get rid of all detected threats after you register its full version.