Research – How to Remove searchencrypt.com From Chrome? (March 2019)
Research on searchencrypt.com
searchencrypt.com pretends to be as useful search provider, but it is actually a browser-hijacker that aims to leech off your internet connection and collect information on you, your family and anything that you do online. Many users will continue to use this malicious search bar, exposing themselves to a real risk of digital theft, as well as losing precious speed and bandwidth- a real issue on those with metered connections!
searchencrypt.com is a browser-hijacker can infect any internet browser and any operating system, which makes it a pain for any user. Most often, searchencrypt.com can be accidentally downloaded as part of another software download package- always be cautious and aware of the small print whenever downloading any third-party programs from the internet. Often, the virus can make itself legitimately installed as an extra by tricking users with vague check-boxes during installation of other software.
In some cases, you can contract the virus simply by visiting a compromised website- often a hacker will take over or copy another website, retaining the original content but adding their own code on top. Once you visit these pages, the hacker can initiate a download for the virus, or add a prompt to download another piece of software which the virus can piggyback onto.
Spam emails are also a cause for concern, they may include .zip or even .jpg image files which can contain instructions that force your system to install the virus without your knowledge.
searchencrypt.comis generally a money generator for the original writer of the program- every time you search via their toolbar, click an ad, visit a suggested page, the criminal coder will receive a small commission. Multiply this by thousands/tens of thousands of machines and suddenly you have a big, untraceable income that can be used to fund further illicit activities! Take action to get rid of searchencrypt.com.
How to remove SEARCHENCRYPT.COM From Windows OS?
(If have searchencrypt.com or other virus on Mac OS, Please Use Guide – How to Remove Virus & Malware From Mac. )
NOTE – Some operations in the removal process may require you to exit this page or restart computer, Please Bookmark This Page first For later reference.
– Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC keys at the same time to open the Processes Tab in Windows Task Manager:
Try to find out the dangerous processes run by searchencrypt.com other malware according to the CPU Usage and the name of its Decryption:
If a suspicious process is from unknown third party company, meanwhile it is causing High CPU Usage, then this process may be the dangerous process of malware.
If you are able determine that which processes are dangerous, you can select them and click End Process one by one:
If you are not able to determine the dangerous processes, don’t end any process, because there may be some risks of damaging your computer if you make mistakes. In such situation, we suggest you directly try the professional anti-malware tool in Step 5 and see if it can find out all dangerous items for you.
– Press Win + R keys at the same time to open the “Run” window >> Then type appwiz.cpl and click OK :
– Now you can see the program list of Control Panel, please check the list and look for dangerous app or suspicious app may be related with searchencrypt.com. Once you determine the unsafe apps, select them and click Uninstall:
Note – If any malware cannot be uninstalled from Control Panel, please go to Step 5 and try the professional removal tool, which may help you uninstall all stubborn apps with ease.
NOTE – Some operations in the removal process may require you to exit this page or turn off web browser, Please Bookmark This Page first For later reference.
Remove Browser Hijacker from Microsoft Edge
1. Change Edge’s default search engine to Google Search:
Open Microsoft Edge >> Click the menu button (the button with three dots) at the top-right corner >> Select “Settings” in the menu.
In the “Settings” panel >> Scroll down to Advanced settings and click the “View advanced settings” button.
In the “Advanced settings” panel >> Scroll down to the “Search in the address bar with” setting >> Click the “Change search engine” button.
In the “Change search engine”>> Select Google Search and click “Set as Default”.
2. Change your Homepage on Edge:
– Open Microsoft Edge >> Click the three-dotted menu at the upper-right corner of the windows >> choose Settings.
– Under the Open Microsoft Edge with option >> Choose A specific page or pages from the menu >> Enter a URL into that box and click the save button off to the right.
Remove Adware Extension and Hijacker from Google Chrome
1. Delete unsafe or unwanted extension from Chrome:
– Click Chrome menu → select Tools.
– Then click Extension >> Select SEARCHENCRYPT.COM or unwanted extensions → click on Trash bin >> Click Remove
2. Change your Homepage on Chrome:
Click Chrome menu >> Select Settings ;
Within Settings, in the Appearance section, check the box next to Show Home button;
Click Change next to the address shown below the Show Home Button;
In the window under New Tab Page >> Type in the web address of the page you like to set as your homepage >> Click OK
3. Change your default Search Engine on Chrome:
– Click Chrome menu >> Select Settings ;
– Within Settings, in the Search engine section >> click Manage search engines…
– Choose the search provider you want to make as the default and then click Make default;
– Click Done.
Delete Adware Add-on and Hijacker from Mozilla Firefox
1. Delete unsafe or unwanted extension from Firefox:
– Go to Firefox menu and click on Tools >> Select Add-ons
– Select SEARCHENCRYPT.COM unwanted extensions and add-ons >> Click Disable or Remove button to remove it.
2. Change your Homepage on Firefox:
– Click the menu button and choose Options >> Click the Home panel.
– Click the menu next to Homepage and new windows and choose “enter your own URLs” >> Type in the page you want to set.
3. Change your default Search Engine on Firefox:
– Click the menu button and choose Options
Delete Adware Add-on and Hijacker from Internet Explorer
1. Delete unsafe or unwanted add-on from IE:
– Click on Tools >> go to Manage Add-ons
– In Toolbars and Extensions >> Choose SEARCHENCRYPT.COM or unwanted extensions and add-ons → Click Disable button
2. Change your Homepage on IE:
– Click Tools in the upper-right corner >> Select Internet Options.- Under the General tab, type the URL of the web page you want to set.- Click Apply >> Click Ok.
3. Change your default Search Engine on IE:
– Open Internet Explorer >> click the gear icon >>Click Manage add-ons >> Click Search Providers.
– Now you will see those which are already present on IE. Right-click the one you want to set as your search engine >> select Set as default.
NOTE – If the above operations cannot remove some stubborn adware or hijacker from browsers, please go to Step 5 and have a try with the Automatic Removal Tool, which is a professional anti-malware capable of removing latest adware and hijacker.
Step 4. Try to find out and remove searchencrypt.com related files or other malicious files from Regidit Editor.
1.Press“Windows + R key” together to open Run Windows.
2. Type “regedit” in Run Window and click OK button to open registry.
3. Find and Remove Registry Files created by SEARCHENCRYPT.COM and other threats:
Click Edit >> Click Find:
Type in virus’ name and click Find Next >> Delete dangerous registry files found.
Please Be Carefully When You’re Going to Delete Any File in Regedit Editor!
Before you delete any registry files, you need to 100% determine that these files are dangerous items. Please Do Not Delete Crucial System Files in Regedit Editor Mistakenly! Or your computer may be damaged!
If You Want To Avoid The Risk, we strongly suggest using a Professional Anti-Malware Tool to detect the malicious files hiding in Regedit Editor and other locations of your computer. Now check Step 5 and learn how to use it.
In case searchencrypt.com has invaded your computer, it is possible that some other virus or malware are brought in as well . Therefore, our computer experts suggest checking entire system to find out the potential security risks. To do this efficiently and easily, it’s recommended to us a professional Anti-malware Tool – Spyhunter Anti-malware.
SpyHunter anti-malware is the best security tool for Windows OS. It is specialized in preventing all the latest virus & malware and removing all the infections hiding in a infected computer.
Certifications & Independent Test Reports on SpyHunter 5
Download SpyHunter Anti-Malware Now
[Helpful Tips] – If you fail to download SpyHunter, it is possible that the download link is blocked by another anti-malware tool running on your PC. In such situation, please try to Turn Off the running anti-malware tool, and come back to this page to try the above download link again. If the download still fails, you can learn why you’re having issues downloading SpyHunter.
2. Double click the SpyHunter-Installer:
– When the “User Account Control” dialog appears, choose “Yes“.
3. Choose your preferable language and click the “OK” button to proceed the installation. Wait several minutes to complete the installation
4. Once the installation is completed, run SpyHunter and click Start Scan Now.
5. When scan is completed, select all detected dangerous items and click Next:
6. If you want SpyHunter to help you remove all detected threats once for all and get the daily system protection from now on, please consider to Register its full version. If the automatic removal does not help, you can get One-on-one customer support to fix your problem from computer experts.