Research – How to Remove DudePages Virus?
DudePages Virus is a harmful browser hijacker related with adware that results in many annoying popups during online browsing. DudePages Virus is not a safe program but needs to be removed completely. Once infected by DudePages Virus, there will be other risky malware installed at the same time. Usually this DudePages Virus is bundled with many harmful plugins and adware. During the install process, DudePages Virus and also other malware sneak into the system without asking permission. So far this DudePages Virus can generate a bunch of annoying ads during online browsing. The common browsers including Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and also Google Chrome are inevitably to be attacked. DudePages Virus is a deceptive adware, it claims to help users with many cost effective discounts but inserts many rogue plugins silently. The unwanted popups contain malicious redirects links and advance cookies. Any click on those annoying popups can link to other dubious websites and even malware downloads automatically. As long as the system is launched, DudePages Virus pops up ads without your consent. Any new tabs opened will be flooded with unwanted popups.
Apart from the annoying popups, DudePages Virus can also totally destruct the system. The more click on the random popups the more revenue virus maker get. Besides, spyware related with adware opens backdoor to invite other harmful malware and viruses. DudePages Virus is able to activate itself as well as its bundled malware without asking permission. Therefore, as long as coupons, ads, deals and other popups powered by DudePages Virus are found, users should take actions to remove the adware completely without any delay.
Remove DudePages Virus from Computer (Steps)
|Please Take A Moment To Read This
DudePages Virus cannot be elimated completely unless you remove all its core files. To clean up all malware and viruses, we recommend using SpyHunter Antimalware to fully scan the infected PC. SpyHunter is a professional and powerful anti-malware program designed to identify, remove and block virus and malware from Windows OS.
(If have Virus / Malware on Mac OS, Please Use This Guide – How to Remove Virus & Malware From Mac. )
NOTE – Some operations in the removal process may require you to exit this page or restart computer, Please Bookmark This Page first For later reference.
(To get rid of DudePages Virus or similar threats, you need to try all the steps below:)
Step 1. Try to find out and end the dangerous processes run by DudePages Virus or other threat.
– Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC keys at the same time to open the Processes Tab in Windows Task Manager:
Try to find out the dangerous processes run by DudePages Virus other malware according to the CPU Usage and the name of its Description:
If a suspicious process is from unknown third party company, meanwhile it is causing High CPU Usage, then this process may be the dangerous process of malware.
If you are’re sure which processes are dangerous, you can select them and click End Process one by one:
Important Tips – If you are not able to find the dangerous processes, we recommend downloading SpyHunter Anti-malware to scan for DudePages Virus and related malware. SpyHunter is a professional and powerful anti-malware program designed to identify, remove and block virus and malware from Windows OS.
– Press Win + R keys at the same time to open the “Run” window >> Then type appwiz.cpl and click OK :
– Now you can see the program list of Control Panel, please check the list and look for dangerous app or suspicious app may be related with DudePages Virus. Once you determine the unsafe apps, select them and click Uninstall:
Important Tips – If DudePages Virus or related program cannot be uninstalled from Control Panel, you may need to remove its core files. We recommend downloading SpyHunter Anti-malware to scan for malicious files and related malware. SpyHunter is a professional and powerful anti-malware program designed to identify, remove and block virus and malware from Windows OS.
NOTE – Some operations in the removal process may require you to exit this page or turn off web browser, Please Bookmark This Page first For later reference.
Remove Browser Hijacker from Microsoft Edge
1. Change Edge’s default search engine to Google Search:
Open Microsoft Edge >> Click the menu button (the button with three dots) at the top-right corner >> Select “Settings” in the menu.
In the “Settings” panel >> Scroll down to Advanced settings and click the “View advanced settings” button.
In the “Advanced settings” panel >> Scroll down to the “Search in the address bar with” setting >> Click the “Change search engine” button.
In the “Change search engine”>> Select Google Search and click “Set as Default”.
2. Change your Homepage on Edge:
– Open Microsoft Edge >> Click the three-dotted menu at the upper-right corner of the windows >> choose Settings.
– Under the Open Microsoft Edge with option >> Choose A specific page or pages from the menu >> Enter a URL into that box and click the save button off to the right.
Remove Adware Extension and Hijacker from Google Chrome
1. Delete unsafe or unwanted extension from Chrome:
– Click Chrome menu → select Tools.
– Then click Extension >> Select DudePages Virus or unwanted extensions → click on Trash bin >> Click Remove
2. Change your Homepage on Chrome:
Click Chrome menu >> Select Settings ;
Within Settings, in the Appearance section, check the box next to Show Home button;
Click Change next to the address shown below the Show Home Button;
In the window under New Tab Page >> Type in the web address of the page you like to set as your homepage >> Click OK
3. Change your default Search Engine on Chrome:
– Click Chrome menu >> Select Settings ;
– Within Settings, in the Search engine section >> click Manage search engines…
– Choose the search provider you want to make as the default and then click Make default;
– Click Done.
Delete Adware Add-on and Hijacker from Mozilla Firefox
1. Delete unsafe or unwanted extension from Firefox:
– Go to Firefox menu and click on Tools >> Select Add-ons
– Select DudePages Virus unwanted extensions and add-ons >> Click Disable or Remove button to remove it.
2. Change your Homepage on Firefox:
– Click the menu button and choose Options >> Click the Home panel.
– Click the menu next to Homepage and new windows and choose “enter your own URLs” >> Type in the page you want to set.
3. Change your default Search Engine on Firefox:
– Click the menu button and choose Options
Delete Adware Add-on and Hijacker from Internet Explorer
1. Delete unsafe or unwanted add-on from IE:
– Click on Tools >> go to Manage Add-ons
– In Toolbars and Extensions >> Choose DudePages Virus or unwanted extensions and add-ons → Click Disable button
2. Change your Homepage on IE:
– Click Tools in the upper-right corner >> Select Internet Options.- Under the General tab, type the URL of the web page you want to set.- Click Apply >> Click Ok.
3. Change your default Search Engine on IE:
– Open Internet Explorer >> click the gear icon >>Click Manage add-ons >> Click Search Providers.
– Now you will see those which are already present on IE. Right-click the one you want to set as your search engine >> select Set as default.
Important Tips– If the above operations cannot remove DudePages Virus related extension or hijacker from browsers, you may need to remove cord files of DudePages Virus or related malware first. We recommend downloading SpyHunter Anti-malware to scan your PC and find out all malicious items.SpyHunter is a professional and powerful anti-malware program designed to identify, remove and block virus and malware from Windows OS.
Step 4. Try to find out and remove DudePages Virus related files or other malicious files from Regidit Editor.
1.Press“Windows + R key” together to open Run Windows.
2. Type “regedit” in Run Window and click OK button to open registry.
3. Find and Remove Registry Files created by DudePages Virus and other threats:
Click Edit >> Click Find:
Type in virus’ name and click Find Next >> Delete dangerous registry files found.
Important Tips –Do Not Delete Crucial System Files in Regedit Editor by Mistake! Or your computer may be damaged!
Before you delete any registry files, you need to be 100% sure that these files are dangerous items. If You Want To Avoid The Risk, we recommending using SpyHunter Anti-Malware to scan for malicious files:
Here are the detailed steps on using Spyhunter:
– Once SpyHunter-Installer is downloaded, double-click it to install SpyHunter:
– When the “User Account Control” dialog appears, choose “Yes“.
– Choose your preferable language and click the “OK” button to proceed the installation. Wait several minutes to complete the installation
– Once the installation is completed, run SpyHunter and click Start Scan Now.
– When scan is completed, select all detected dangerous items and click Next:
– If you want SpyHunter to help you remove all detected threats and get the daily system protection from now on, you will need to Register its full version. If the automatic removal does not help, you can get One-on-one customer support to fix your problem from computer experts.
Step 5. Block “Notifications” of Suspicious Websites on Web Browsers.
- Block Microsoft Edge Notifications:
- Click the menu button (three dots) on the right upper corner of the Edge window
- Scroll down, find and click “Settings“
- Scroll down again and click “View advanced settings“
- Click “Manage” under “Website permissions“
- Click the switch under each suspicious website
- Block Chrome Notifications:
- Click the Menu button (three dots) on the right upper corner of the screen
- Select “Settings“, scroll down to the bottom and click “Advanced“
- Scroll down to the “Privacy and security” section, select “Content settings” and then “Notifications“
- Click three dots on the right hand side of each suspicious URL and click “Block” or “Remove“
- Block Firefox Notifications:
- Click the Menu button (three bars) on the right upper corner of the screen
- Select “Options” and click on “Privacy & Security” in the toolbar on the left hand side of the screen
- Scroll down to the “Permissions” section and click the “Settings” button next to “Notifications“
- In the opened window, locate all suspicious URLs, click the drop-down menu and select “Block“
- Block IE Notifications:
- Click the Gear button on the right upper corner of the IE window
- Select “Internet options“
- Select the “Privacy” tab and click “Settings” under “Pop-up Blocker” section
- Select suspicious URLs under and remove them one by one by clicking the “Remove” button
Important Tips– If the above operations cannot remove DudePages Virus or similar pop-up ads, you may need to find out and remove malicious programs related with it. We recommend downloading SpyHunter Anti-malware to scan for malware . SpyHunter is a professional and powerful anti-malware program designed to identify, remove and block virus and malware from Windows OS.