Research – How to Remove “Dear BT Customer Congratulations” Scam Popup? (March 2019)
“Dear BT Customer Congratulations” Scam Popup
“Dear BT Customer Congratulations” Scam Popup is distributed by typical adware virus. Adware usuauly finds its way onto a system by tricking users into allowing ‘third-party software’ when they tick the EULA (user agreement) box after downloading new software.What the user doesn’t realize is that third-party software can mean anything from a harmless text file, to unwanted or even harmful programs such as “Dear BT Customer Congratulations” Scam Popup .When people ignore the EULA and download new software, it’s very likely that they are opening themselves up to the possibility of also installing spyware, adware and keylogger viruses. These kinds of viruses are often found inside freeware programs, since the developers of the original programs are usually open to cash offers from hacker groups- and can legally sell out in order to allow the installation of extra, unwanted software as an attachment to the original program. It runs discreetly in the background and often spams the user with advertisements, as the name suggest. These ads can take the form of irritating popups, flashy banners or even sound and video clips- anything to obtain a valuable click from the user. Every time one of these ads is clicked or viewed, the hacker will make a small amount of money- this soon adds up if you consider the prevalence of this soft-ware. The darker side of “Dear BT Customer Congratulations” Scam Popup is that it enables to hacker to later implement further viruses into the program, allowing them to access personal files and information for their own ends.
“Dear BT Customer Congratulations” Scam Popup aims to run undetected for as long as possible- the ads will start out slowly and discreetly, slowly increasing in frequency and audacity in such a way that the user is almost desensitized to the activity of the virus- chalking the extra ads and clutter to industry trends and Operating System policies. However, the reality is that this virus can steadily leech onto your internet connection, as well as draining other system resources- creating revenue for the hackers, and a mild headache for the average user.If the user becomes tired of seeing so many ads, they may opt to install ad-blocking software- this should block most of the pop-ups and cut off the revenue stream for the hacker. However, the hacker may retaliate by installing further malware and getting a higher return on their investment. Some malware tactics employed by jilted hackers can include spyware, Trojan horses and keyloggers- the latter is able to record and forward any and all keystrokes made on the device, opening your personal and private information to the whims of the hacker. All in all, “Dear BT Customer Congratulations” Scam Popup is needed to be eliminated ASAP.
How to remove “DEAR BT CUSTOMER CONGRATULATIONS” SCAM POPUP From Windows OS?
(If have “Dear BT Customer Congratulations” Scam Popup or other virus on Mac OS, Please Use Guide – How to Remove Virus & Malware From Mac. )
NOTE – Some operations in the removal process may require you to exit this page or restart computer, Please Bookmark This Page first For later reference.
Step 1. Try to find out and end the dangerous processes run by “Dear BT Customer Congratulations” Scam Popup or other threat.
– Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC keys at the same time to open the Processes Tab in Windows Task Manager:
Try to find out the dangerous processes run by “Dear BT Customer Congratulations” Scam Popup other malware according to the CPU Usage and the name of its Decryption:
If a suspicious process is from unknown third party company, meanwhile it is causing High CPU Usage, then this process may be the dangerous process of malware.
If you are able determine that which processes are dangerous, you can select them and click End Process one by one:
If you are not able to determine the dangerous processes, don’t end any process, because there may be some risks of damaging your computer if you make mistakes. In such situation, we suggest you directly try the professional anti-malware tool in Step 5 and see if it can find out all dangerous items for you.
Step 2. Uninstall “Dear BT Customer Congratulations” Scam Popup related apps or other dangerous programs from Control Panel.
– Press Win + R keys at the same time to open the “Run” window >> Then type appwiz.cpl and click OK :
– Now you can see the program list of Control Panel, please check the list and look for dangerous app or suspicious app may be related with “Dear BT Customer Congratulations” Scam Popup. Once you determine the unsafe apps, select them and click Uninstall:
Note – If any malware cannot be uninstalled from Control Panel, please go to Step 5 and try the professional removal tool, which may help you uninstall all stubborn apps with ease.
Step 3. Delete “Dear BT Customer Congratulations” Scam Popup and related extension Adware / Hijacker from web browsers.
NOTE – Some operations in the removal process may require you to exit this page or turn off web browser, Please Bookmark This Page first For later reference.
Remove Browser Hijacker from Microsoft Edge
1. Change Edge’s default search engine to Google Search:
Open Microsoft Edge >> Click the menu button (the button with three dots) at the top-right corner >> Select “Settings” in the menu.
In the “Settings” panel >> Scroll down to Advanced settings and click the “View advanced settings” button.
In the “Advanced settings” panel >> Scroll down to the “Search in the address bar with” setting >> Click the “Change search engine” button.
In the “Change search engine”>> Select Google Search and click “Set as Default”.
2. Change your Homepage on Edge:
– Open Microsoft Edge >> Click the three-dotted menu at the upper-right corner of the windows >> choose Settings.
– Under the Open Microsoft Edge with option >> Choose A specific page or pages from the menu >> Enter a URL into that box and click the save button off to the right.
Remove Adware Extension and Hijacker from Google Chrome
1. Delete unsafe or unwanted extension from Chrome:
– Click Chrome menu → select Tools.
– Then click Extension >> Select “DEAR BT CUSTOMER CONGRATULATIONS” SCAM POPUP or unwanted extensions → click on Trash bin >> Click Remove
2. Change your Homepage on Chrome:
Click Chrome menu >> Select Settings ;
Within Settings, in the Appearance section, check the box next to Show Home button;
Click Change next to the address shown below the Show Home Button;
In the window under New Tab Page >> Type in the web address of the page you like to set as your homepage >> Click OK
3. Change your default Search Engine on Chrome:
– Click Chrome menu >> Select Settings ;
– Within Settings, in the Search engine section >> click Manage search engines…
– Choose the search provider you want to make as the default and then click Make default;
– Click Done.
Delete Adware Add-on and Hijacker from Mozilla Firefox
1. Delete unsafe or unwanted extension from Firefox:
– Go to Firefox menu and click on Tools >> Select Add-ons
– Select “DEAR BT CUSTOMER CONGRATULATIONS” SCAM POPUP unwanted extensions and add-ons >> Click Disable or Remove button to remove it.
2. Change your Homepage on Firefox:
– Click the menu button and choose Options >> Click the Home panel.
– Click the menu next to Homepage and new windows and choose “enter your own URLs” >> Type in the page you want to set.
3. Change your default Search Engine on Firefox:
– Click the menu button and choose Options
Delete Adware Add-on and Hijacker from Internet Explorer
1. Delete unsafe or unwanted add-on from IE:
– Click on Tools >> go to Manage Add-ons
– In Toolbars and Extensions >> Choose “DEAR BT CUSTOMER CONGRATULATIONS” SCAM POPUP or unwanted extensions and add-ons → Click Disable button
2. Change your Homepage on IE:
– Click Tools in the upper-right corner >> Select Internet Options.- Under the General tab, type the URL of the web page you want to set.- Click Apply >> Click Ok.
3. Change your default Search Engine on IE:
– Open Internet Explorer >> click the gear icon >>Click Manage add-ons >> Click Search Providers.
– Now you will see those which are already present on IE. Right-click the one you want to set as your search engine >> select Set as default.
NOTE – If the above operations cannot remove some stubborn adware or hijacker from browsers, please go to Step 5 and have a try with the Automatic Removal Tool, which is a professional anti-malware capable of removing latest adware and hijacker.
Step 4. Try to find out and remove “Dear BT Customer Congratulations” Scam Popup related files or other malicious files from Regidit Editor.
1.Press“Windows + R key” together to open Run Windows.
2. Type “regedit” in Run Window and click OK button to open registry.
3. Find and Remove Registry Files created by “DEAR BT CUSTOMER CONGRATULATIONS” SCAM POPUP and other threats:
Click Edit >> Click Find:
Type in virus’ name and click Find Next >> Delete dangerous registry files found.
Please Be Carefully When You’re Going to Delete Any File in Regedit Editor!
Before you delete any registry files, you need to 100% determine that these files are dangerous items. Please Do Not Delete Crucial System Files in Regedit Editor Mistakenly! Or your computer may be damaged!
If You Want To Avoid The Risk, we strongly suggest using a Professional Anti-Malware Tool to detect the malicious files hiding in Regedit Editor and other locations of your computer. Now check Step 5 and learn how to use it.
In case “Dear BT Customer Congratulations” Scam Popup has invaded your computer, it is possible that some other virus or malware are brought in as well . Therefore, our computer experts suggest checking entire system to find out the potential security risks. To do this efficiently and easily, it’s recommended to us a professional Anti-malware Tool – Spyhunter Anti-malware.
SpyHunter anti-malware is the best security tool for Windows OS. It is specialized in preventing all the latest virus & malware and removing all the infections hiding in a infected computer.
Certifications & Independent Test Reports on SpyHunter 5
Download SpyHunter Anti-Malware Now
[Helpful Tips] – If you fail to download SpyHunter, it is possible that the download link is blocked by another anti-malware tool running on your PC. In such situation, please try to Turn Off the running anti-malware tool, and come back to this page to try the above download link again. If the download still fails, you can learn why you’re having issues downloading SpyHunter.
2. Double click the SpyHunter-Installer:
– When the “User Account Control” dialog appears, choose “Yes“.
3. Choose your preferable language and click the “OK” button to proceed the installation. Wait several minutes to complete the installation
4. Once the installation is completed, run SpyHunter and click Start Scan Now.
5. When scan is completed, select all detected dangerous items and click Next:
6. If you want SpyHunter to help you remove all detected threats once for all and get the daily system protection from now on, please consider to Register its full version. If the automatic removal does not help, you can get One-on-one customer support to fix your problem from computer experts.