How to Remove SphinxLookup? (Mac OS)
SphinxLookup is a tricky and stubborn adware which can hide in your system for long time and causes lots of problems. Thsi malware is spread via sources such as free download software, your PC will be infected silently after installing some unknown and suspicious free programs. After being activated, your browsers like Edge, IE, Firefox or Chrome will be injected with malicious codes, which constantly shows annoying ads on your browser to cheat you to buy sponsored products / services or download malware disguised as program updates. If you do not get rid of SphinxLookup virus timely, your PC will encounter more severe problems, since SphinxLookup takes other infections to damage your programs, files and system from remote server. Your PC will become sluggish due to the high consumption of CPU caused by malware, your browsers will be hijacked by redirect virus, and your confidential information will be stolen by hacker. Therefore, it’s highly recommended to get rid of SphinxLookup adware right now.
Damages from SphinxLookup
- It attacks your browser and flooded with all kinds of popups to take over your browsers.
- It invades into your computer system and opens a backdoor for malware installation.
- It modifies the browser default settings, and captures users’ sensitive information such as banking information and credit card password to cyber criminals.
- It is bundled with many other malware and opens a backdoor to install them without asking your permission.
How to remove SphinxLookup From Mac OS?
(If have SphinxLookup or other virus on Windows OS, Please Use Guide – How to Remove Virus & Malware From Windows OS. )
NOTE – Some operations in the removal process may require you to exit this page or restart computer, Please Bookmark This Page first For later reference.
Step 1: Uninstall SphinxLookup Related Apps or unwanted apps From Mac.
- Open the Finder
- Go to the Application folder
- Move unneeded applications to Trash
- Enter your password if requested.
SphinxLookup may re-infect your Mac multiple times if you do not remove its core files and related malware. To get rid of the virus forever, we recommend downloading Combo Cleaner Antivirus to scan entire Mac and find out all malware:
Step 2. Remove SphinxLookup Related Extension or unwanted Extensions from Safari, Chrome and Firefox on Mac.
Delete Safari Extension
- Launch Safari
- Click on the Safari menu and choose Preferences.
- Select the Extensions pane
- To delete an extension completely, click on it, then in the main window, choose Uninstall.
Delete Chrome Extension
Launch Chrome >> Click the three-dot icon in the upper-right corner >> Select the More Tools >> Click Extensions >> Determine the suspicious or unwanted extension, click on the Trash icon >> Click Remove
Delete Firefox Extension
Launch Firefox >> Click the menu button from the browser’s right pane >> select Add-ons from the drop-down list >> Determine the suspicious or unwanted extension, click the Disable or Remove button.
Step 3. Download Combo Cleaner Anti-Virus to Diagnose Entire Mac. (Important!)
SphinxLookup may not be the only virus harming your Mac. When such threat enters your Mac, it may bring in more infections. So we suggest you checking your entire system to see if there is any other infections. To do this quickly and easily, you can download Combo Cleaner Antivirus, a top-rated Mac Anti-virus Tool which makes Mac protection easy and simple for every Mac user. It use advanced security features to protect your Mac from phishing scams, malware, spyware, adware, and viruses. When your Mac is equipped with Combo Cleaner Antivirus, you not only get the safe online browsing and real-time protection, but also enjoy the full speed system performance . Follow instructions below to use Combo Cleaner if you’d like to try it:
1. Click on Download link below to get Combo Cleaner Antivirus Now.
2. Click on “combocleaner.dmg ” to install Combo Cleaner Antivirus:
3. Once installed, run a scan to diagnose the security conditions of your Mac:
4. If SphinxLookup or related unwanted apps are still on your Mac, you can use App Uninstaller of Como Cleaner and see if it can uninstall the unwanted or suspicious apps.
5. Use Antivirus tool of Combo Cleaner to re-check your Mac and determine if there is any hiding threats: