How to Remove PUA:Win32/PcMechanic? (Solved!)
PUA:Win32/PcMechanic is a severe trojan infection which can make great chaos on your computer. PUA:Win32/PcMechanic virus is usually bundled within various free downloads, thus, you must be attentive to unfamiliar stuff. Once infected by PUA:Win32/PcMechanic, your system will be become very slow and sluggish. This is because PUA:Win32/PcMechanic takes up lots of system resources. What’s more, PUA:Win32/PcMechanic virus can corrupt your routine applications. When you try to run them, unexpected errors will occur. In addition to these, PUA:Win32/PcMechanic virus may drop other terrible malware, spyware/ransomware infections to your system. Its main goal is to collect your vital and confidential data, and then use it for marketing purposes. In this case, you will easily experience financial loss or even identity theft. Therefore, we highly recommend you to eliminate PUA:Win32/PcMechanic virus as soon as possible. You can carefully follow the step-by-step removal instructions below.
Remove PUA:Win32/PcMechanic from Computer (Steps)
|Please Take A Moment To Read This
PUA:Win32/PcMechanic may re-infect your computer multiple times if you do not remove its core files and related malware. To get rid of the virus forever, we recommend downloading SpyHunter Anti-malware to scan entire system and find out all malware:
(If have Virus / Malware on Mac OS, Please Use This Guide – How to Remove Virus & Malware From Mac. )
NOTE – Some operations in the removal process may require you to exit this page or restart computer, Please Bookmark This Page first For later reference.
(To get rid of PUA:Win32/PcMechanic or similar threats, you need to try all the steps below:)
Step 1. Try to find out and end the dangerous processes run by PUA:Win32/PcMechanic or other threat.
– Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC keys at the same time to open the Processes Tab in Windows Task Manager:
Try to find out the dangerous processes run by PUA:Win32/PcMechanic other malware according to the CPU Usage and the name of its Description:
If a suspicious process is from unknown third party company, meanwhile it is causing High CPU Usage, then this process may be the dangerous process of malware.
If you are’re sure which processes are dangerous, you can select them and click End Process one by one:
Helpful Tips – If you are not able to find the dangerous processes, we recommend downloading SpyHunter Anti-malware to scan for PUA:Win32/PcMechanic and related malware. SpyHunter is designed to identify, remove and block virus and malware. It may save hours for you and avoid wrong operations:
– Press Win + R keys at the same time to open the “Run” window >> Then type appwiz.cpl and click OK :
– Now you can see the program list of Control Panel, please check the list and look for dangerous app or suspicious app may be related with PUA:Win32/PcMechanic. Once you determine the unsafe apps, select them and click Uninstall:
Important Note – If PUA:Win32/PcMechanic or related program cannot be uninstalled from Control Panel, you may need to remove its core files. We recommend downloading SpyHunter Anti-malware to scan for malicious files and related malware. SpyHunter is a professional and powerful anti-malware program designed to identify, remove and block virus and malware from Windows OS.
NOTE – Some operations in the removal process may require you to exit this page or turn off web browser, Please Bookmark This Page first For later reference.
Remove Browser Hijacker from Microsoft Edge
1. Change Edge’s default search engine to Google Search:
Open Microsoft Edge >> Click the menu button (the button with three dots) at the top-right corner >> Select “Settings” in the menu.
In the “Settings” panel >> Scroll down to Advanced settings and click the “View advanced settings” button.
In the “Advanced settings” panel >> Scroll down to the “Search in the address bar with” setting >> Click the “Change search engine” button.
In the “Change search engine”>> Select Google Search and click “Set as Default”.
2. Change your Homepage on Edge:
– Open Microsoft Edge >> Click the three-dotted menu at the upper-right corner of the windows >> choose Settings.
– Under the Open Microsoft Edge with option >> Choose A specific page or pages from the menu >> Enter a URL into that box and click the save button off to the right.
Remove Adware Extension and Hijacker from Google Chrome
1. Delete unsafe or unwanted extension from Chrome:
– Click Chrome menu → select Tools.
– Then click Extension >> Select PUA:Win32/PcMechanic or unwanted extensions → click on Trash bin >> Click Remove
2. Change your Homepage on Chrome:
Click Chrome menu >> Select Settings ;
Within Settings, in the Appearance section, check the box next to Show Home button;
Click Change next to the address shown below the Show Home Button;
In the window under New Tab Page >> Type in the web address of the page you like to set as your homepage >> Click OK
3. Change your default Search Engine on Chrome:
– Click Chrome menu >> Select Settings ;
– Within Settings, in the Search engine section >> click Manage search engines…
– Choose the search provider you want to make as the default and then click Make default;
– Click Done.
Delete Adware Add-on and Hijacker from Mozilla Firefox
1. Delete unsafe or unwanted extension from Firefox:
– Go to Firefox menu and click on Tools >> Select Add-ons
– Select PUA:Win32/PcMechanic unwanted extensions and add-ons >> Click Disable or Remove button to remove it.
2. Change your Homepage on Firefox:
– Click the menu button and choose Options >> Click the Home panel.
– Click the menu next to Homepage and new windows and choose “enter your own URLs” >> Type in the page you want to set.
3. Change your default Search Engine on Firefox:
– Click the menu button and choose Options
Delete Adware Add-on and Hijacker from Internet Explorer
1. Delete unsafe or unwanted add-on from IE:
– Click on Tools >> go to Manage Add-ons
– In Toolbars and Extensions >> Choose PUA:Win32/PcMechanic or unwanted extensions and add-ons → Click Disable button
2. Change your Homepage on IE:
– Click Tools in the upper-right corner >> Select Internet Options.- Under the General tab, type the URL of the web page you want to set.- Click Apply >> Click Ok.
3. Change your default Search Engine on IE:
– Open Internet Explorer >> click the gear icon >>Click Manage add-ons >> Click Search Providers.
– Now you will see those which are already present on IE. Right-click the one you want to set as your search engine >> select Set as default.
Important Tips– If the above operations cannot remove PUA:Win32/PcMechanic related extension or hijacker from browsers, you may need to remove cord files of PUA:Win32/PcMechanic or related malware first. We recommend downloading SpyHunter Anti-malware to scan your PC and find out all malicious items:
Step 4. Try to find out and remove PUA:Win32/PcMechanic related files or other malicious files from Regidit Editor.
1.Press“Windows + R key” together to open Run Windows.
2. Type “regedit” in Run Window and click OK button to open registry.
3. Find and Remove Registry Files created by PUA:Win32/PcMechanic and other threats:
Click Edit >> Click Find:
Type in virus’ name and click Find Next >> Delete dangerous registry files found.
Important Tips –Do Not Delete Crucial System Files in Regedit Editor by Mistake! Or your computer may be damaged!
Before you delete any registry files, you need to be 100% sure that these files are dangerous items. If You Want To Avoid The Risk, we recommending using SpyHunter Anti-Malware to scan for malicious files:
Here are the detailed steps on using Spyhunter:
– Once SpyHunter-Installer is downloaded, double-click it to install SpyHunter:
– When the “User Account Control” dialog appears, choose “Yes“.
– Choose your preferable language and click the “OK” button to proceed the installation. Wait several minutes to complete the installation
– Once the installation is completed, run SpyHunter and click Start Scan Now.
– When scan is completed, select all detected dangerous items and click Next:
– If you want SpyHunter to help you remove all detected threats and get the daily system protection from now on, you will need to Register its full version. If the automatic removal does not help, you can get One-on-one customer support to fix your problem from computer experts.
Step 5. Block “Notifications” of Suspicious Websites on Web Browsers.
- Block Microsoft Edge Notifications:
- Click the menu button (three dots) on the right upper corner of the Edge window
- Scroll down, find and click “Settings“
- Scroll down again and click “View advanced settings“
- Click “Manage” under “Website permissions“
- Click the switch under each suspicious website
- Block Chrome Notifications:
- Click the Menu button (three dots) on the right upper corner of the screen
- Select “Settings“, scroll down to the bottom and click “Advanced“
- Scroll down to the “Privacy and security” section, select “Content settings” and then “Notifications“
- Click three dots on the right hand side of each suspicious URL and click “Block” or “Remove“
- Block Firefox Notifications:
- Click the Menu button (three bars) on the right upper corner of the screen
- Select “Options” and click on “Privacy & Security” in the toolbar on the left hand side of the screen
- Scroll down to the “Permissions” section and click the “Settings” button next to “Notifications“
- In the opened window, locate all suspicious URLs, click the drop-down menu and select “Block“
- Block IE Notifications:
- Click the Gear button on the right upper corner of the IE window
- Select “Internet options“
- Select the “Privacy” tab and click “Settings” under “Pop-up Blocker” section
- Select suspicious URLs under and remove them one by one by clicking the “Remove” button
Important Note – If the above operations cannot remove PUA:Win32/PcMechanic or similar pop-up ads, you may need to find out and remove malicious programs related with it. We recommend downloading SpyHunter Anti-malware to scan entire system and find out all malware: