How to Delete search.flexiblelocator.com Yahoo Redirect? (Mac Guide)
search.flexiblelocator.com is a unsafe third party search engine which alters your homepage and default search engine without seeking your consent. Mostly, it can sneaks into your PC when you install some free software provided by unknown third parties or open attachments of spam emails. It is able to change your web browser settings on Edge, Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer and then it control your online surfing. Once being hijacked, whenever you open browser, your homepage will always the search.flexiblelocator.com, and you will be redirected to search.flexiblelocator.com page when you want to use your favorite search engine like Google. Even if you change the settings back repeatedly, search.flexiblelocator.com could still persist on your browser after restart.If you are one of the victims, read the removal steps below and learn to delete this hijacker timely and completely.
- It is a browser hijacker that takes over your homepage firmly
- It is similar to legitimate search engine but it is poorly built
- It adds browser with extension, add-on and plug-in to redirect search results constantly
- It is able to take note of your visiting websites and annoy you with advertisements
- It can also take you to malicious websites and bring computer with harmful programs
How to remove search.flexiblelocator.com From Mac OS?
(If have search.flexiblelocator.com or other virus on Windows OS, Please Use Guide – How to Remove Virus & Malware From Windows OS. )
NOTE – Some operations in the removal process may require you to exit this page or restart computer, Please Bookmark This Page first For later reference.
Step 1: Uninstall search.flexiblelocator.com Related Apps or unwanted apps From Mac.
- Open the Finder
- Go to the Application folder
- Move unneeded applications to Trash
- Enter your password if requested.
search.flexiblelocator.com may re-infect your Mac multiple times if you do not remove its core files and related malware. To get rid of the virus forever, we recommend downloading Combo Cleaner Antivirus to scan entire Mac and find out all malware:
Step 2. Remove search.flexiblelocator.com Related Extension or unwanted Extensions from Safari, Chrome and Firefox on Mac.
Delete Safari Extension
- Launch Safari
- Click on the Safari menu and choose Preferences.
- Select the Extensions pane
- To delete an extension completely, click on it, then in the main window, choose Uninstall.
Delete Chrome Extension
Launch Chrome >> Click the three-dot icon in the upper-right corner >> Select the More Tools >> Click Extensions >> Determine the suspicious or unwanted extension, click on the Trash icon >> Click Remove
Delete Firefox Extension
Launch Firefox >> Click the menu button from the browser’s right pane >> select Add-ons from the drop-down list >> Determine the suspicious or unwanted extension, click the Disable or Remove button.
Step 3. Download Combo Cleaner Anti-Virus to Diagnose Entire Mac. (Important!)
search.flexiblelocator.com may not be the only virus harming your Mac. When such threat enters your Mac, it may bring in more infections. So we suggest you checking your entire system to see if there is any other infections. To do this quickly and easily, you can download Combo Cleaner Antivirus, a top-rated Mac Anti-virus Tool which makes Mac protection easy and simple for every Mac user. It use advanced security features to protect your Mac from phishing scams, malware, spyware, adware, and viruses. When your Mac is equipped with Combo Cleaner Antivirus, you not only get the safe online browsing and real-time protection, but also enjoy the full speed system performance . Follow instructions below to use Combo Cleaner if you’d like to try it:
1. Click on Download link below to get Combo Cleaner Antivirus Now.
2. Click on “combocleaner.dmg ” to install Combo Cleaner Antivirus:
3. Once installed, run a scan to diagnose the security conditions of your Mac:
4. If search.flexiblelocator.com or related unwanted apps are still on your Mac, you can use App Uninstaller of Como Cleaner and see if it can uninstall the unwanted or suspicious apps.
5. Use Antivirus tool of Combo Cleaner to re-check your Mac and determine if there is any hiding threats: