Guide to Remove True Dark extension
What is True Dark extension?
True Dark extension is an Potentially Unwanted Program (PUP) and Adware which enters your computer without giving any notification to the users. It can be silently installed on your PC when you run some installer to install free programs without rejecting unwanted changes or unwanted options.
Moreover, when you open attachments on spam emails or click links on corrupted websites, True Dark extension can invade your PC as well. True Dark extension virus runs as a startup protram without your permission, it execute multiple tasks at the background to slow down system running (e.g. delaying of system restart /shut down) and damage system files to cause security collapse. By triggering security bugs and open backdoors, True Dark extension help more infections such as Hijacker, Spyware and Malware invade your system from remote server. In that situation, your homepage may be replaced with insecure websites, your online surfing may be disturbed by annoying ads, your Google search may be redirected to third party search provided like youwebing.com hijacker, and your system may crash down constantly.
What’s worse, True Dark extension virus can endanger your personal files and private information by helping remote hacker enter your system. It corrupt many Registry files to weaken security degree of your PC and then execute command prompt to assist remote attacker access your system via backdoors. Once these cyber criminal step into your system, they can encrypt your files, lock your system, and hack your accounts to steal you money. To avoid such severe issues, you need to remove True Dark extension malware as quickly as you can. Follow the True Dark extension removal steps below to save your PC if you cannot get rid of it on your own.
Remove True Dark extension from Windows OS PC (Steps)
(If have Virus / Malware on Mac OS, Please Use This Guide – How to Remove Virus & Malware From Mac. )
Solution A – Malware Automatic Removal (Simple and Safe For All Users)
Solution B – Malware Manual Removal (For Users with Advanced Computer Skills)
Solution A – Malware Automatic Removal
In case True Dark extension has invaded your computer, it is possible that some other virus or malware are brought in as well. It will be a tough and lengthy process if you manually search and remove all core files of malware. And you may even harm your system once you delete crucial system files.
Therefore, to avoid risks and remove True Dark extension efficiently, we recommended using Spyhunter Anti-malware to scan for True Dark extension and remove related malware. It is specialized in preventing all the latest virus & malware and removing threats hiding in a infected computer.
Certifications & Independent Test Reports on SpyHunter 5
Download SpyHunter Anti-Malware Now
2. Double click the SpyHunter-Installer:
– When the “User Account Control” dialog appears, choose “Yes“.
3. Choose your preferable language and click the “OK” button to proceed the installation. Wait several minutes to complete the installation
4. Once the installation is completed, run SpyHunter and click Start Scan Now.
5. When scan is completed, select all detected dangerous items and click Next:
6. If you want SpyHunter to help you remove all detected threats and get the daily system protection from now on, you will need to Register its full version. If the automatic removal does not help, you can get One-on-one customer support to fix your problem from computer experts.
Solution B – Malware Manual Removal
NOTE – Some operations in the removal process may require you to exit this page or restart computer, Please Bookmark This Page first For later reference.
Step 1. Try to find out and end the dangerous processes run by True Dark extension or other threat.
– Press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC keys at the same time to open the Processes Tab in Windows Task Manager:
Try to find out the dangerous processes run by True Dark extension other malware according to the CPU Usage and the name of its Description:
If a suspicious process is from unknown third party company, meanwhile it is causing High CPU Usage, then this process may be the dangerous process of malware.
If you are’re sure which processes are dangerous, you can select them and click End Process one by one:
Helpful Tips – If you are not able to find the dangerous processes, we recommend downloading SpyHunter Anti-malware to scan for True Dark extension and related malware. SpyHunter is designed to identify, remove and block virus and malware. It may save hours for you and avoid wrong operations:
– Press Win + R keys at the same time to open the “Run” window >> Then type appwiz.cpl and click OK :
– Now you can see the program list of Control Panel, please check the list and look for dangerous app or suspicious app may be related with True Dark extension. Once you determine the unsafe apps, select them and click Uninstall:
Important Note – If True Dark extension or related program cannot be uninstalled from Control Panel, you may need to remove its core files. We recommend downloading SpyHunter Anti-malware to scan for malicious files and related malware. SpyHunter is a professional and powerful anti-malware program designed to identify, remove and block virus and malware from Windows OS.
NOTE – Some operations in the removal process may require you to exit this page or turn off web browser, Please Bookmark This Page first For later reference.
Remove Browser Hijacker from Microsoft Edge
1. Change Edge’s default search engine to Google Search:
Open Microsoft Edge >> Click the menu button (the button with three dots) at the top-right corner >> Select “Settings” in the menu.
In the “Settings” panel >> Scroll down to Advanced settings and click the “View advanced settings” button.
In the “Advanced settings” panel >> Scroll down to the “Search in the address bar with” setting >> Click the “Change search engine” button.
In the “Change search engine”>> Select Google Search and click “Set as Default”.
2. Change your Homepage on Edge:
– Open Microsoft Edge >> Click the three-dotted menu at the upper-right corner of the windows >> choose Settings.
– Under the Open Microsoft Edge with option >> Choose A specific page or pages from the menu >> Enter a URL into that box and click the save button off to the right.
Remove Adware Extension and Hijacker from Google Chrome
1. Delete unsafe or unwanted extension from Chrome:
– Click Chrome menu → select Tools.
– Then click Extension >> Select True Dark extension or unwanted extensions → click on Trash bin >> Click Remove
2. Change your Homepage on Chrome:
Click Chrome menu >> Select Settings ;
Within Settings, in the Appearance section, check the box next to Show Home button;
Click Change next to the address shown below the Show Home Button;
In the window under New Tab Page >> Type in the web address of the page you like to set as your homepage >> Click OK
3. Change your default Search Engine on Chrome:
– Click Chrome menu >> Select Settings ;
– Within Settings, in the Search engine section >> click Manage search engines…
– Choose the search provider you want to make as the default and then click Make default;
– Click Done.
Delete Adware Add-on and Hijacker from Mozilla Firefox
1. Delete unsafe or unwanted extension from Firefox:
– Go to Firefox menu and click on Tools >> Select Add-ons
– Select True Dark extension unwanted extensions and add-ons >> Click Disable or Remove button to remove it.
2. Change your Homepage on Firefox:
– Click the menu button and choose Options >> Click the Home panel.
– Click the menu next to Homepage and new windows and choose “enter your own URLs” >> Type in the page you want to set.
3. Change your default Search Engine on Firefox:
– Click the menu button and choose Options
Delete Adware Add-on and Hijacker from Internet Explorer
1. Delete unsafe or unwanted add-on from IE:
– Click on Tools >> go to Manage Add-ons
– In Toolbars and Extensions >> Choose True Dark extension or unwanted extensions and add-ons → Click Disable button
2. Change your Homepage on IE:
– Click Tools in the upper-right corner >> Select Internet Options.- Under the General tab, type the URL of the web page you want to set.- Click Apply >> Click Ok.
3. Change your default Search Engine on IE:
– Open Internet Explorer >> click the gear icon >>Click Manage add-ons >> Click Search Providers.
– Now you will see those which are already present on IE. Right-click the one you want to set as your search engine >> select Set as default.
Important Tips– If the above operations cannot remove True Dark extension related extension or hijacker from browsers, you may need to remove cord files of True Dark extension or related malware first. We recommend downloading SpyHunter Anti-malware to scan your PC and find out all malicious items:
Step 4. Try to find out and remove True Dark extension related files or other malicious files from Regidit Editor.
1.Press“Windows + R key” together to open Run Windows.
2. Type “regedit” in Run Window and click OK button to open registry.
3. Find and Remove Registry Files created by True Dark extension and other threats:
Click Edit >> Click Find:
Type in virus’ name and click Find Next >> Delete dangerous registry files found.
Important Tips –Do Not Delete Crucial System Files in Regedit Editor by Mistake! Or your computer may be damaged!
Before you delete any registry files, you need to be 100% sure that these files are dangerous items. If You Want To Avoid The Risk, we recommending using SpyHunter Anti-Malware to scan for malicious files:
Step 5. Block “Notifications” of Suspicious Websites on Web Browsers.
- Block Microsoft Edge Notifications:
- Click the menu button (three dots) on the right upper corner of the Edge window
- Scroll down, find and click “Settings“
- Scroll down again and click “View advanced settings“
- Click “Manage” under “Website permissions“
- Click the switch under each suspicious website
- Block Chrome Notifications:
- Click the Menu button (three dots) on the right upper corner of the screen
- Select “Settings“, scroll down to the bottom and click “Advanced“
- Scroll down to the “Privacy and security” section, select “Content settings” and then “Notifications“
- Click three dots on the right hand side of each suspicious URL and click “Block” or “Remove“
- Block Firefox Notifications:
- Click the Menu button (three bars) on the right upper corner of the screen
- Select “Options” and click on “Privacy & Security” in the toolbar on the left hand side of the screen
- Scroll down to the “Permissions” section and click the “Settings” button next to “Notifications“
- In the opened window, locate all suspicious URLs, click the drop-down menu and select “Block“
- Block IE Notifications:
- Click the Gear button on the right upper corner of the IE window
- Select “Internet options“
- Select the “Privacy” tab and click “Settings” under “Pop-up Blocker” section
- Select suspicious URLs under and remove them one by one by clicking the “Remove” button
Important Note – If the above operations cannot remove True Dark extension or similar pop-up ads, you may need to find out and remove malicious programs related with it. We recommend downloading SpyHunter Anti-malware to scan entire system and find out all malware: