Guide – Remove Cactus-search.com Virus from Mac OS (Jan. 2021 update)
Cactus-search.com is a notorious browser infection which hijacks your default home page and new tab page. In most cases, Cactus-search.com virus is distributed through spam links and free applications. Once it invades to your system, it immediately tampers with your Windows registry and browser settings. This is the reason why you always see Cactus-search.com popping up on your Chrome, Firefox, IE or Edge. Besides, this insidious Cactus-search.com virus can also make your PC performance become very slow and sluggish. It is very good at utilizing system security loopholes to download other malware infections onto your computer and to monitor your personal activities. If you dont delete it timely, probably you will even encounter financial loss or identity theft. In short, Cactus-search.com virus is not only super annoying, but also it is very dangerous. You are highly recommended to remove it from your machine as soon as possible. Here below we offer detailed removal instructions for your reference.
Cactus-search.com Is Dangerous
2. Cactus-search.com hijacks your web browsers and displays misleading pop-up warning messages
2. Cactus-search.com slows down your PC performance
2. Cactus-search.com may install additional viruses onto your computer system
4. Cactus-search.com may help remote hackers take control of your machine
5. Cactus-search.com may steal your personal information
6. Cactus-search.com cannot be uninstalled through the standard removal method.
How to remove Cactus-search.com From Mac OS?
(If have Cactus-search.com or other virus on Windows OS, Please Use Guide – How to Remove Virus & Malware From Windows OS. )
NOTE – Some operations in the removal process may require you to exit this page or restart computer, Please Bookmark This Page first For later reference.
Step 1: Uninstall Cactus-search.com Related Apps or unwanted apps From Mac.
- Open the Finder
- Go to the Application folder
- Move unneeded applications to Trash
- Enter your password if requested.
Cactus-search.com may re-infect your Mac multiple times if you do not remove its core files and related malware. To get rid of the virus forever, we recommend downloading Combo Cleaner Antivirus to scan entire Mac and find out all malware:
Step 2. Remove Cactus-search.com Related Extension or unwanted Extensions from Safari, Chrome and Firefox on Mac.
Delete Safari Extension
- Launch Safari
- Click on the Safari menu and choose Preferences.
- Select the Extensions pane
- To delete an extension completely, click on it, then in the main window, choose Uninstall.
Delete Chrome Extension
Launch Chrome >> Click the three-dot icon in the upper-right corner >> Select the More Tools >> Click Extensions >> Determine the suspicious or unwanted extension, click on the Trash icon >> Click Remove
Delete Firefox Extension
Launch Firefox >> Click the menu button from the browser’s right pane >> select Add-ons from the drop-down list >> Determine the suspicious or unwanted extension, click the Disable or Remove button.
Step 3. Download Combo Cleaner Anti-Virus to Diagnose Entire Mac. (Important!)
Cactus-search.com may not be the only virus harming your Mac. When such threat enters your Mac, it may bring in more infections. So we suggest you checking your entire system to see if there is any other infections. To do this quickly and easily, you can download Combo Cleaner Antivirus, a top-rated Mac Anti-virus Tool which makes Mac protection easy and simple for every Mac user. It use advanced security features to protect your Mac from phishing scams, malware, spyware, adware, and viruses. When your Mac is equipped with Combo Cleaner Antivirus, you not only get the safe online browsing and real-time protection, but also enjoy the full speed system performance . Follow instructions below to use Combo Cleaner if you’d like to try it:
1. Click on Download link below to get Combo Cleaner Antivirus Now.
2. Click on “combocleaner.dmg ” to install Combo Cleaner Antivirus:
3. Once installed, run a scan to diagnose the security conditions of your Mac:
4. If Cactus-search.com or related unwanted apps are still on your Mac, you can use App Uninstaller of Como Cleaner and see if it can uninstall the unwanted or suspicious apps.
5. Use Antivirus tool of Combo Cleaner to re-check your Mac and determine if there is any hiding threats: