EfficientRecord is a potentially unwanted program which appears on your computer in a form of browser hijacker. It comes bounded with free software that gets inside slightly. EfficientRecord is a type of search engine which looks like Google, Yahoo or Bing. Different from those famous engines, this malware displays fake results and causes random redirections. Your homepage has been reset without asking for permission. Once infected, some changes would be made to degrade system performance ability. It takes a long time for you to reach a website, play game, watch video or open software. Besides, EfficientRecord floods computer with a stream of pop-up ads. It freezes browsers significantly. With computer compromised, some intensive hackers take advantage of system vulnerability to invade your PC and do malicious things. Remote controls are allowed on the background to violate your money. The question is, will you let it. EfficientRecord is a harmful search engine which should be ignored and removed.
Properties of EfficientRecord
- Homepage gets redirected to unknown domains that contains unstoppable ads
- EfficientRecord takes over your browsers and locks up computer screen
- EfficientRecord changes default provider displays misleading search results
- EfficientRecord virus installs unwanted applications which come along with insecure codes
- EfficientRecord slows down Internet performance by adding junk files and registries
- EfficientRecord malware reads users’ browsing habits and attempts to steal money
How to remove EfficientRecord From Mac OS?
(If have EfficientRecord or other virus on Windows OS, Please Use Guide – How to Remove Virus & Malware From Windows OS. )
NOTE – Some operations in the removal process may require you to exit this page or restart computer, Please Bookmark This Page first For later reference.
Step 1: Uninstall EfficientRecord Related Apps or unwanted apps From Mac.
- Open the Finder
- Go to the Application folder
- Move unneeded applications to Trash
- Enter your password if requested.
EfficientRecord may re-infect your Mac multiple times if you do not remove its core files and related malware. To get rid of the virus forever, we recommend downloading Spyhunter Anti-malware to scan entire Mac and find out all malware:
Step 2. Remove EfficientRecord Related Extension or unwanted Extensions from Safari, Chrome and Firefox on Mac.
Delete Safari Extension
- Launch Safari
- Click on the Safari menu and choose Preferences.
- Select the Extensions pane
- To delete an extension completely, click on it, then in the main window, choose Uninstall.
Delete Chrome Extension
Launch Chrome >> Click the three-dot icon in the upper-right corner >> Select the More Tools >> Click Extensions >> Determine the suspicious or unwanted extension, click on the Trash icon >> Click Remove
Delete Firefox Extension
Launch Firefox >> Click the menu button from the browser’s right pane >> select Add-ons from the drop-down list >> Determine the suspicious or unwanted extension, click the Disable or Remove button.
Step 3. Download SpyHunter Anti-malware to Diagnose Entire Mac. (Important!)
EfficientRecord may not be the only virus harming your Mac. When such threat enters your Mac, it may bring in more infections. So we suggest you checking your entire system to see if there is any other infections. To do this quickly and easily, you can download Spyhunter Anti-malware, a top-rated Mac Anti-virus Tool which makes Mac protection easy and simple for every Mac user. It use advanced security features to protect your Mac from phishing scams, malware, spyware, adware, and viruses. When your Mac is equipped with Spyhunter Anti-malware, you not only get the safe online browsing and real-time protection, but also enjoy the full speed system performance . Follow instructions below to use Spyhunter for Mac if you’d like to try it:
1. Click on Download link below to get Spyhunter Anti-malware Now.
2. Click on “SpyHunter-Installer.dmg ” to install Spyhunter Anti-malware:
3. Once installed, run a scan to diagnose the security conditions of your Mac:
4. If EfficientRecord related malware and other threats are detected, SpyHunter will help you remove one threat for free. And you can let it get rid of all detected threats after you register its full version.